Saturday, May 8, 2010

no words to express this... literally.

I see a lot of people planning lots of things for mother’s day tomorrow,
What about me?

Well, I hope nobody gets me wrong,
We don’t use presents in this house.

Nothing against it of course,
I just don’t believe in comparing a mother’s love with things.

Sure, for birthdays and such we have presents,
We’re not completely immune to shiny new things!

But this year’s mother’s day it’s a little bit different,
Why?
I guess the best answer I can give you,
Is the fact that we’re all older now.

My family,
The one consisting of the four of us,
Father, mother, brother and me,
We’re a little shy about expressing feelings.

Like for myself,
I don’t talk about how I truly feel about them period,
I’m sort of like a rock,
So we don't say the regular “I love you”s here.

I don’t know about what is said between my parents,
Or my brother,
But for me,
I can text “I love you” so easily but it’s so hard to get the words out upfront.

Truth be told,
While I cringe away from emotional outburst,
We like to believe in the idea that we don’t need the words to be said to know that we love each other.

Or at least,
That’s how I hope we see it,
Because I can’t say it out loud any time soon.

So we tried our best to make a surprise mother’s day celebration this year,
But I guess due to old age,
Some mouths blundered,
And now Mama is planning it hehe!

It’ll just be a mother’s day lunch,
Somewhere special,
We hardly get to spend time together anymore,
The four of us together,
There’s always at least one missing from the picture.

I’ll cherish the times we spend together always,
And hope for better days,
When your daughter finally has the guts to say how much you mean to her out loud.

But for now,
I am truly sorry that you have to read my feelings,
I’m just a rock.