Friday, May 7, 2010

mom

Mother’s day is nearing,
So I thought I’d note this down.

Yesterday, I was deceived,
And when it looked like I couldn’t give a shit,
Mama stepped in.

And I was all like,
“Mama, it’s alright. I don’t even care.”
Then she goes,
“But you’re my daughter, so I care.”

Thanks to my fat ugly ego,
I don’t get as oversensitive as much about small things,
Little did I know,
Mothers probably feel more for us that we do.

So all day yesterday I put what happened behind me,
I thought it wasn’t a big deal,
I had other things going on more superior that this one particular thing,
But Mama wouldn’t let it go.

Usually, I’d get annoyed,
Yet this time I didn’t
Because I know that the thought of someone hurting me would really kill her,
Even if I could look pass it,
And act as if I don’t care,
She’ll feel like it’s her responsibility to avoid such things from happening to me period.

You see how much they care?
Even when we don’t?
And how easily we can mistaken them,
For being over defensive and overprotective?

She goes on to tell me,
“You’re my daughter, what hurts you will hurt me too,
I can’t just stand by while you’re being wronged.”

It’s an amazing thing really,
My mother, your mother, mothers in general!

I try to avoid from getting things uglier,
So I kept quiet (because again, it didn’t bother me much)
While she fought for me,
How awesome is that?

Then,
I told her to view it from a perspective,
A simple problem can be solved with just a smile :)

Hehe! I just had to put the smiling thing in there!

So while she stood on making her point,
To prove these people wrong,
I took the liberty to repair broken relationships.

Then she told me that I deal with things better because it seemed that I can always stay cool in these types of situations as well as fix them in the right way

By maintaining sillaturrahim.

Honestly, at that time I didn’t even think about it that way,
I just thought if Mom couldn’t handle it than I should play my part and do something about it.

"Smile even though thorns are being thrown at you and hope that they will smile back." - Me.


"I've learned that I can handle more than I thought as far as pressure goes... Breathe and say a prayer to stay calm." - Tim Urban hehe!