Sunday, May 23, 2010

the ballad of the sad cafe

I would like to add another book to my wish list:

It’s called The Ballad of the Sad Cafe by Carson McCullers

*I’m sorry my posts have been bookish lately,
Before that I thought it was too Tim Urban-ish,
I guess the only way to tell if my heart is truly in the stuff I blog about,
Is the fact that I need to have an ish in them hehe!*

Anyway here’s the cover.



Now for starters,
How did I find out about the book?
Robert Pattinson recommended it to Oprah on her show,
I couldn’t actually tell what he was saying to her (because of his thick accent)
So I had to wait till some crazed fan translated the actual title to the web.

Thank you crazed fan!
I love Robby too,
But I have to be honest,
It’s because I love books... that’s why I needed to find out (if I had heard of it or not)

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on what they read,
But not enough about whom they are if you only caught the current book they’re reading.


So here are some of the reasons that made me want to read this book so badly:
(Thanks to wiki)

- The impossibility of reciprocal love, the sadness of a world in which growing up means only learning that isolation is the lot of everyone.
- Little good can come from the experience of material life.
- That nothing here has grown....that nothing ever could. The world is a sort of prison or trap that all of its denizens must suffer through....... the boredom and the struggle to perfect the heart.
- Love and friendship are the only gifts that the world has to offer and that it is better to risk everything for the sole sake of love than to wish your life away hoping for some sort of personal validation or worldly treasure.
- The real treasure that the world has to offer lies not in anything material, but in the sacrifice of self for SOMEONE.........ANYONE !

I also found out that this book,
Was made into a movie back in 1991,
I was only one at that time.

I don’t usually stick through classic films,
But if I ever get the chance to see this it would be awesome,
First I want to read the book though! :)

Changing subjects now...

THIS WEEK!

I posted “The Weather” on TL,
I wrote it a long time ago,
From what I remember it had something to do with my brother,
Finally something that has to do with persons for a change!

He lived overseas for a couple of years,
And I just thought about the weather changes he must go through,
Sometimes I envied him (It’s summer forever in Malaysia)
Sometimes I poke fun at him (while he was freezing his ass of over there)

Okay, that was not nice,
So I guess the poem was sort of dedicated to him,
It’s saying something about how you can have a love-hate relationship with the weather,
You can hate it and love it too.

Kind of like how I feel about him.