Thursday, June 10, 2010

this post is dedicated to you

you meaning Tim Urban of course!
cause I can do this now,
because he is able to get my blog updates if not my status updates as well...
why?

because he is following me now that's why!

remember when I promised that BIG, HAPPY post that I hoped would come soon?
where here it is!

because today, 10th June 2010 at exactly 3:50am in the morning,
I got this message,
"TimUrbanMusic is now following your tweets on Twitter."



hehe! yep, that's his twitter pic!

and so now, I thought I'd give some help to those in need of this particular help I'm offering.

since I'm so happy right now! I want to spread that happiness!

so I present to you...

A Girl's Guide to Get TimUrbanMusic to Follow You on Twitter:

1. Give up sleeping.

or at least, you'll have to give up sleeping healthily. I had my alarms/reminders set on 4am, 5am, 6:30/7am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm everyday. so basically if you were napping, you'd have to get up every hour to log into Twitter to check if there are any latest Tweets from him. that's when I'm home, when I'm in uni I'd have to wait until 3am for the internet line to be clear and catch some sleep after that. then I'd have to get up again at 6am because the net is crazy fast during the morning. you get very little sleep... but it's sooo worth it!

2. Forget the local clock.
there is a 14hour difference between TimUrbanMusic and I. I am 14 hours ahead of him of course. so I sort of gave up on Malaysian time awhile back. basically when it's daytime there it's nighttime here and so on. so if it's 10pm here, it's 8am there which is a good time to log in and most importantly STAY logged in. Twitter always says that its "over capacity" or something... so it's very crucial that once you logged in, DO NOT log out because if you do, getting back in is the hard part because apparently Twitter cannot handle too many Tweets

3. Be aware of his Tweets.
since you are no longer sleeping and know better to stay logged in, there is absolutely no reason for you to miss any of his tweets. it's crucial that you reply every time he tweets and make sure your replies are good ones :) sometimes he's in a rush and is only on for a few minutes so only the most interesting questions will get answered by him! believe me, he has almost 12,000 followers and increasing by the hour! so sometimes when you're trying to reply this message will pop out: "Something went technically wrong, please try again in a moment" DO NOT wait for a moment to pass by before you reply him because he is loooong gone after that! it helps if you edit your reply by backspacing some text or adding more. *sometimes a double smiley face helps* it will also help if you reply to him multiple times because he basically gets like a million replies at a time and you can easily go unnoticed. budget your multiple replies, don't send 3 replies at once. send in one reply first then wait a couple of minutes, only when you get impatient of getting a reply back from him is when you should try again. oh and don't forget to add the words "follow me" at the end of every Tweet you send to him.

4. Deco your profile with all things Tim!
you'll get more attention from him if you have a swanky profile... especially if it's his face smacked right there onto your background! don't worry, Tim never thinks you're crazy (if he's said so he means it in a nice way) he thinks you're passionate and he is very aware of his fans' support. there is no better way to show your support from him than dedicating your entire Twitter account to him. my background is a very cute picture of Tim with Aaron Kelly hehe! they're all multiple pics stacked right there!

5. Never ever give up.
my Twitter was basically dead before Tim came along. then I tried and tried and tried so hard. I nearly gave up. I almost did. because, how long can you lose sleep over something like this? I thought it was never going to work. I knew I was turning into a zombie and neglecting all my other social activities and at the time, nothing came out of this. it was nearly impossible to get a reply or a follow from him. but the key is to never lose hope. Tim Urban loves his fans very much, he's just incapable of showing that primarily due to time. let that not be a reason for you to give up. keep on trying and trying and trying and you will succeed.

I tried for over a month and nearly gave up. but look at me now. I'm happier than ever! :D