Thursday, June 17, 2010

junket

listening to Sade's "Kissing You" in the background :) because I'm totally in the mood to talk about retelling fairy tales.

I am currently(finally!) reading Alex Flinn's novel called "Beastly."
~I'd post the cover art but I'm not in a very picture-like mood~
I've been looking for that book forever!
And only recently got my hands on it because the movie will be out soon

*signs* it seems that all movies are based on books these days...
I miss those original screen writers whose ultimate purpose was to create a piece that is meant for visual art.

but since we're talking about retelling fairy tales (Beastly is an edgier version of Beauty & the Beast)
I would just like to say that I'd kill to get a copy of Francesca Lia Block's "The Rose and the Beast"
yet another retell of Beauty and the Beast

I want it so bad because I love FLB,
I've always loved her writing, I collect her books, I'm a fan on her FB page,
She's known for her brave use of imagery,
and honestly when I read her books, I can smell everything that's written in the story.

sorry for being bookish, I will move to another topic now...

so today I finally had my own day since my holidays started.
I was in a better mood,
My mood was all over the place yesterday partly because I couldn't deal with ______ *fill in the blanks*

anyway, I got the sleep I deserved,
and I told myself that I was going to bury myself in all things Eclipse today!

just want to mention,
that I'll be seeing it a little early than planned,
because I just can't wait until friggin' 8th July,
so I've put in some effort to make sure that I get an earlier screening,
if God wills it then I will get to see it before anyone else here does! haha!

so since the movie's coming out soon,
there are a lot of press going on,
and I just wanted to catch up on that.

turns out,
it's so hard to keep up,
I mean there are new press junket interviews coming by the hour!
and trying to catch all of them takes a lot of my time,
I mean they are popping up online as I type!
everything is available online!

I'd post some of the videos here but there are just too many of them!

but other than that, I'm glad that I can get into the madness once again,
I feel very happy and content because I'm able(free enough) to do so :)

on another note,
my holiday got to a good start in terms of my "productivity" area,
but it's always like this in the beginning,
I'd get so psyched to start working on something new the second I have the time!
then as more time passes I get lazy and all is neglected.

I have like tons of unfinished projects,
I've tried everything,
planned out every single step so that I'll always have something to do,
when that doesn't work, I think it's because I take everything too seriously so I go easy on myself and even then nothing works!

I'm babbling, sorry...
but I recently started writing once again,
I've been writing two nights in a row now,
and I'm very happy to say that I'll continue to do so tonight.

it's just that for these next three days,
it's not going to be about me,
or I'll be preoccupied with something else,
which always leads me to straying away from what I planned to do.

I hope that doesn't happen.

I hope I'll return to what feels right for me...

I want so badly to talk about some mythological aspects that I've become interested in

but I'll save that for another day :D