Saturday, June 5, 2010

break

my dream break would be to take a year off to just write and bury myself in literature, classic or modern. My lit knowledge is not so good partly because I can only embody one's work if I were given the time and a place where my mind can drift into it for hours.
Drop me in an abandoned island with nothing but books & I'll be completely content :)

Anyway,
My kind of holiday would be something like that.

with all the tension going on lately,
I thought I'd take a chill pill,
and look forward to relaxing days

which I'm counting,
is less that 14 days now

Guess I should start studying no??? :P


Talking about holidays,
I would really to take some time off,
and I'm hoping to use that time off productively.

hopefully I won't be ridden by stress of my own expectations,
I would really just like to escape to somewhere,
where I can take my own sweet time to enjoy the places I go to.

I'd love to take slow walks,
relax and rebuild myself.

I don't like the kind of holidays,
that are filled with activities from morning til night!
especially activities I don't enjoy

for instance,
I don't really like tour groups,
I don't like the idea of being forced to follow a group of people and follow a schedule of what to visit,
and have limitations on those visits because we have other things to see :(

I like to explore,
but I'd like to stay at a certain locale in a foreign place for more than ten minutes,
which is something I don't get to do if I'm following a rushed touring group.

let me have my time,
to enjoy the scenery, breathe in the atmosphere, and be amaze by the wonders of what this place has to offer.

I hope I will be able to do that someday.

when it comes to putting this into logic,
I can't just be dropped into my own personal island to relax right?
so that is why...

if i were to go on a holiday

I want to go to Greece!






I think there is something so fascinating about a place with a lot of historical meaning to it,
this is what I mean by taking hours to explore!
I just want to go there and stay for a very, very long time,
learn new things, embrace it, fall in love with it and make the most out of my stay :D

no rush right?