Wednesday, June 23, 2010

stigmatized

this song has just sinfully pierced my heart

Stigmatized by The Calling

If I give up on you I give up on me
If we fight what's true, will we ever be
Even God himself and the faith I knew
Shouldn't hold me back, shouldn't keep me from you

Tease me, by holding out your hand
Then leave me, or take me as I am
And live our lives, stigmatized

I can feel the blood rushing though my veins
When I hear your voice, driving me insane
Hour after hour day after day
Every lonely night that I sit and pray

We live our lives on different sides,
But we keep together you and I
Just live our lives, stigmatized

We'll live our lives, We'll take the punches everyday
We'll live our lives I know we're gonna find our way

I believe in you
Even if no one understands
I believe in you, and I don't really give a damn
stigmatized
We live our lives on different sides
But we keep together you and I
We live our lives on different sides

We're gonna live our lives
Gotta live our lives
We're gonna live our lives
We're gonna live our lives, Gonna live our lives, Stigmatized


Stigmata is not a disease (as far as I know)
they're bodily marks, sores, or sensations of pain according to the Roman Catholic faith (thank you wiki)

I've also heard about this myth,
that stigmata is when two people share some sort of connection,
although they don't know each over,
have never met each other,
live on opposite sides of the world,
when one person hurts physically,
so does the other.

say,
one gets into a car accident,
the other person on the other side of the earth,
suddenly get chronic injuries without any causes or explanation whatsoever.

it just happens,
that's stigmata,
not a disease,
but a connection.

Yesterday, a question in Twitter caught my eye,
"Give me your definition of love."
and I had to answer in less than five minutes,
Obviously I couldn't come up with the right answer on the spot,
and even if I did it extended the amount of characters per Tweet.

So I didn't answer,
not right away.

then I found out about this,
and personally,
I think this is what love should be.

If you bleed,
I bleed.
If you get a cut,
I'll take out a knife and cut myself for you.
that way, I'll feel exactly what you're feeling.

Love can be a lot of things,
putting others needs before yours, acceptance, seeing them in their ugly and still loving them etc...

To me love is pain,
OR LET ME JUST TRY TO CLARIFY THIS
love is when you cry for their pain,
you feel what's hurting them,
even though how much it hurts you don't really give a damn because you know that the pain is the inescapable hold that's keeping you together.

even when they are strong,
you still hurt because that's how much you care about them.

Oh, and I did answer that Twitter question actually :)
I answered, "Just because it's meant to be, doesn't meant it happens right away. that's love."

People have trouble maintaining relationships,
it ends up in heartbreak.
have you ever thought that maybe love takes time?

you go ahead and live your life,
day after day,
with no changes,
there's nothing stopping you from living your life,
and when you're ready for love,
it will come to you.

until then,
we're stigmatized

hope that helps you BFF :D