Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my results

There were only two times whenever I received my results, I would literally break down and cry.

SPM- I cried immediately after I got those results. Shut off my phone and did not contact anybody for the entire day. I locked myself up in my room for two or three days I think. All I could think of was that this was the end of the line, I was not going to get accepted to further my studies at any place in the world and even if I did, I’d be putting a huge burden on my parents for supporting me. My relatives tried to contact me through the house phone in my room because I wouldn’t come out and they still couldn’t understand a thing I was saying because I was sobbing so hard. In the end, when I finally turn on my phone again, opened my bedroom door and let the rest of the world back into my life, only then did I realize that it was not the end of the line.

My final matriculation semester results- I seriously thought I was not going to get into Gombak. After I got those results, my friends called me straight away and whoever I spoke to had to hear a lot of crying and wailing from me. I cried for the rest of the day thinking I wasn’t going to be able to join my friends at main campus because I was just naturally not smart like them.

I was dead wrong.
Because in the end,
I got into UIA Gombak,
I went through my first semester there.

I got my exam results today,
And this time,
I didn’t cry like it was the end of the world.

Below are my results
(I’m not flaunting,
I’m just storing memories)
With my comments about them

Fardhu Ain – A
*Throughout my 3 semesters in metric, I never passed fardhu ain. It costs me to take it yet again in main camp. And finally, when I thought it’d be impossible for me to pass it because I honestly thought that I was naturally unable to ever pass fardhu ain... Alhamdulillah, I’m more than thankful for this one.

Introduction to Linguistics – B
*I targeted that I would pass this one even before I knew my carry marks because I very much enjoyed answering the exam questions. My carry marks were satisfactory in the end. Throughout all this while I keep telling myself that I couldn’t do linguistics because my true interest and passion was on literature. I heard that if you’re good in one, you’ll be bad in the other. I couldn’t get half the stuff I learn about linguistics to permanently stay stuck in my head. But this was a different experience, I’ve taken a liking to linguistics, I actually had fun doing the finals :)

Poetry – B-
*Okay, I thought I was not going to pass this one because I thought I lost 20 marks in the exam questions. 40 marks total. The first 20 marks were questions we had to answer based on poems so I could do that. The next 10 marks were about haiku which I did not learn at all except for a brief introduction and only God knows how I answered that one. The last 10 marks... well I just got all of that completely wrong. This sucks because I love literature, and after I did this final, I thought I just screwed up the one paper I had a lot of love for. It made me confused for a while because I thought I could get literature and not linguistics but during these finals it was the other way around.

Intensive Expository Writing – B-
*I only found out about my carry marks last week. Or was it this week? :P and I was disappointed. I scored almost everything only by half. But I liked the final exam’s questions very much. It is after all writing. So I treated the exam like a good listener and poured my heart out on that paper. I loved the question on that paper, I can still remember it until today.

Science of Qur’an – Incomplete
*Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on there either. Luckily I’m not the only one. Apparently my friends all got this same result about this one particular subject. Oh well, I’m targeting between two: pass or A. I had my highest carry mark on this subject and I applied everything I learned during the final exam as best as I could. Now, I’m just hoping for the best.