Friday, April 30, 2010

PS

Dear Jenny,
I know the miles have separated us,
Kept you far away from me.

And I’m sorry,
Because I know that you deserve so much,
More than I can give you.

So for now I’ll try to write you,
Everything I could not say.

You’re the reason for the smile that sits on my face,
You’re the reason I can be happy on the rainiest of days,
You make me want to be more than I had ever been before,
You make me so much more.

Dear Jenny,
This is the second time that I have tried,
To tell you how I feel.

It seems my words,
Keep falling short of what my heart is,
Trying to let you know.

PS,
Just in case I failed to tell you this before,
I love you.

By Tim Urban


Or at least I think that’s how the lyrics go,
This is by far my favourite Tim song of all.

Okay I’m just going to go ahead and say it,
This is more than just a crush!

No, I’m not going to go overboard,
And think that it is LOVE or anything like that.

But I definitely like him,
From a rather different perspective,
Compared to others who I like.

I mean it when I said it the last time,
That I don’t come across people like him too often.

He’s just a very pleasant guy.



So yes,
I’ve only seen how he’s like on AI,
And other public appearances.

I haven’t seen what he’s really like,
Off camera,
With people,
Being his true natural self.

So who am I to say that he’s considered a good person?

I’ll tell you why,
Because I really, really like what he brings out,
When he knows he’s in the public eye.

Not everybody can do that,
Just spread their optimism and smiles freely,
And make an impact on others as well.

His fans (myself included)
Can feel this vibe that he’s throwing,
About how easy it is to just take it easy.

It so simple,
Yet people tend to take it for granted so easily.
I’m talking about these:

Be happy,
Cheerful,
Spread the love to others,
Be optimistic,
Encourage & inspire others,
Entertain them,
And smile.

That is what Tim does.

And I think there is more to that than meets the eye.

How often do you meet this kind of person,
Who carries this persona ,
That fills you with instant excitement
And reminds you to enjoy life’s natural journey?

Maybe that’s a little too deep,
To get from first impression.

But hey,
I wasn’t so convinced when I first saw him as well :P

Yet when,
I find myself going through difficult days,
I think about how much I miss being happy.

I’ll start to feel,
As if I’ll never be happy again (when I’m going through a downfall)

Then I realized,
Happiness is something I would NEVER ever want to give up.

So I will face whatever comes to me,
Because I want to fight for that happiness.

And today I also discovered,
That Tim has:

-Twitter
-Facebook
-Myspace
-YouTube page
-Tumblr (courtesy of his fans)

And maybe more,
But I can’t remember them,
Because there’s a lot of ‘em,
Oh the things I do when I’m with the cousins!

Oh yeah of course,
Music wise,
There are probably thousands of singer-songwriters out there,
With Myspace and Youtube and any other tool they use to express/promote.

So what makes him so different?
Why is he special?
How will he prevail when there are so many others doing the same thing that he’s doing?

Another thing I admire about him,
That confidence,
And how he always remembers to have a blast in every performance,
No matter what the outcome is,
Or mistakes that he might make.

Just remember to enjoy it,
And nothing can put you down.