Friday, September 3, 2010

money

I have A LOT of things to pay for:

1.Phone bill – rm150++
2.Internet bill – only God knows how much it is, I haven’t received the bill yet but I’ve already exceeded my limit.
3.Uni fees – whoa! This one is a lot. Let’s just say education costs more than half of my savings.

And I’m sure there are plenty of more bills to come plus other things that I have to pay but the news has not reached me yet.
As if I’m not as shocked as it is,
I guess it’s what you get as you get older,
More responsibilities,
More things that you need to carry on your shoulder.

I expected that if I was going to be independent, I was bound to face this kind of stuff.
Little did I know that they were going to come so sudden and the amount nearly made me scream.

I hate this money-oriented society but I can’t help but accept the fact that we need money to live.

A few days ago I was having an argument about money,
(Yeah, it’s always an argument with me)
I was talking about how people shouldn’t make such a big deal about money and that money doesn’t mean everything etc.

Basically, I asked the parents for money to pay uni fees.
And I’m sure not everyone is as lucky as I am that I get to ask for this large amount on the spot.

But I had my reasons,
It was mostly because I knew we’re going through a smooth-sailing time right now,
Better than we usually are; better than we used to be,
Financially, we were doing well thank God.

So naturally I put up a fight when Mom told me she couldn’t give me the money at the time that I needed it.

I was like “What?”
I couldn’t believe she gave me that excuse,
All I could think about was why in the world was it so difficult to draw money out of the ATM and have it sent to me.
I thought about possible, RELIABLE transportation that could get that money to me.

But no,
No time... this is too last minute,
Mom told me if I wanted to settle it on my own I had to use my own money.

Fine,
I could do just that,
I had enough in my savings,
But it’s called savings so that I can save it for the future and not spend that large amount right now.
Guess I had no choice though.

That’s cool,
I was climbing the steps into independence.

Haven’t paid the fees yet but if worse comes to worse I don’t mind if I have to use my own cash,
How long am I going to keep asking for money?
I’m at the right age to start being responsible for my own being and financial matters, aren’t I?

Yeah, so that’s what I told her,
I could handle it, I’ll get it settled.

Then the first bomb hit,
BOOM! Phone bill!
Second bomb,
BOOM! Internet has exceeded usage.

The phone bill confused me for the longest of time,
Why, why did it reach that much during this time?
Did I overspend?
Did I even notice my phone activity changing from normal?
Even Celcom texted me with a warning.

Wow,
For the first time I’m having real-life money issues that I have to handle on my own,
That does not have anything to do with shopping :P

As for the internet,
It exceeded during merdeka night,
So I was left without internet (life) for a very long and torturous time.

Another thing that bothered me,
All my bills for this month (phone, internet etc) should reach my new house,
If it doesn’t then the people living at my old house will get my bills & letters sent to them.

Why, why does it have to happen this month?
Why do my bills decide to go crazy on the month that I’m moving?
When I don’t even know if the bills will reach me or someone else??

This is so frustrating,
I need to know how much I’m suppose to pay,
To do that I need to get my bills,
This has to be mailed to me TO MY NEW HOUSE.

Or else I’m just going to stay in the foreign, strange place and worry about money issues all day!

Remember, a house is not a home.
And I haven’t even slept there yet.
Dealing with money issues when I don’t even have a home can be a pain.

But hey, it’s something we all have to go through right?
Grow up,
Take care of yourself,
Be responsible for yourself,
Panic, freak out and then get yourself settled.

Hope all goes well :)

ps: tonight's my first night in this new house, new room, new apartment in Mont Kiara *winkwink*